Certification Program Objectives:
Brake press operator training will increase the trainee's knowledge of brake press operations and requirements. Reduce accidents and damage to tooling and machinery.
- Understanding the legal requirements of Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations
- Key points of the Canadian Standards Association Code for Power Press Operation: Health, Safety, and Guarding Requirements
- Parts of the brake press (hydraulic and mechanical presses)
- Functions of brake press component parts
- Danger of incorrect shut height adjustment
- Pre shift inspections
- Importance of lock-out procedures and when required
- Use of blocking devices
- Adjusting the air-counterbalance system
- Checking safety devices
- Types of guards and guarding devices
- Entrapment rescue requirements for non members of the rescue team
Brake press operators, die setters, supervisors, group leaders, and health & safety committee members.
Program Duration: 1 day (maximum group size is 20)