Entrapment Rescue (Punch Presses}
Entrapment Rescue (Punch Press)
To provide a clear understanding of the component parts of both mechanical and hydraulic punch presses necessary to make competent entrapment rescue decisions.
To provide a guideline for developing entrapment rescue procedures for individual presses
Slide Show Review
- Legal requirements and the CSA standard (Z142-2)
- A clear understanding of component parts of various punch press
- How the different power presses function
- Reducing the risk of entrapment through guarding and lockout
- Discussion of who is needed on the rescue team
- Necessary rescue equipment and the rescue storage box
- Overriding guards and controls that may delay a rescue
- Proper use of the air counterbalance system during rescue
- Importance of blocking the danger area and ram drifting on hydraulic presses
- Proper use of jacks
- Determining crankshaft position and direction of the flywheel and gears
- First aid requirements
- Sample entrapment rescue procedures for hydraulic and mechanical presses
- Requirements for notification and disturbance of the accident scene
Press operators, millwrights, electricians, first aiders, die setters, supervisors, group leaders, and health & safety committee members.
Online Completion Time:
Approximately 1 Hour
Cost: $79.00 (Per Student) Minimum Purchase 5 Keys.Sign Up
5% discount - purchase 20 or more keys.