Provide an understanding of legal requirements (Occupational Health & Safety Act and Canadian Standards Association guidelines (Z1422) for a metal stamping facility.
Provide basic information of machinery functions and requirements
- Legal requirements of Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations
- Key points of the Canadian Standards Association Code for Power Press Operation: Health, Safety, and Guarding Requirements
- Parts of the press (hydraulic and mechanical presses)
- How the press functions and what is required
- Employer responsibilities
- Lockout requirements
- Entrapment rescue requirements
- Guarding requirements
- Training requirements
Press shop managers, supervisors, engineers, and health & safety committee members.
Program Duration: 4 hours (maximum group size is 20)